Last Revised: July 20, 2023
Collection of Information: We obtain personal information and other information about you from a variety of sources. This includes personal information you provide to us, information we gather through automated means, and information we obtain from other sources.
Information you provide to us. We collect personal information that you provide to us when you use the Site which may include but is not limited to:
- First name
- Last name
- Name of your business organization
- Business/ job title
- Email address
- Physical address
- Other similar identifying information
- Information you provide regarding your reason for contacting us
- Blog comments
The automated data collected may include but is not limited to:
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type, operating system, and device id,
- IP address,
- Whether you are a new or return user,
- Internet service provider,
- Web pages you view and time spent on them, links you click on, and what search queries you run on the Site,
- Websites or other referring services you visited before and after visiting the Site,
- Dates and times you access or use the Site
- Time zone
- Location information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website in addition to other data. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our Site may no longer be fully accessible if you remove or block cookies.
Information Obtained from Other Sources: We may obtain personal information and other information about you in connection with the Site from third parties.
Use of Information
Sharon Merrill, or service providers acting on our behalf, may use your personal information and other information for various purposes in connection with Sharon Merrill’s business, including but not limited to:
- To deliver our newsletters, blogs, surveys, and other communications which we believe will be of interest to you;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To send you invitations to events in which you may be interested;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- To provide customer service and support;
- To notify you about certain changes to the Site;
- To provide, monitor and evaluate use of, and improve the Site;
- To focus our marketing and advertising efforts; and
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing of Information
Service Providers: We engage certain trusted third parties, including HubSpot, to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, website hosting and maintenance, customer relations and support, database storage and management, data analysis, and marketing and social media services. We may share your personal information and other information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services.
Other Third Parties: We also may share, disclose, or transfer your personal information and other information with third parties as follows:
- to government agencies, advisors and other third parties, where necessary and appropriate, in order to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law requiring such disclosure;
- protect Sharon Merrill’s rights or property;
- prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- protect the personal safety of the users or the public;
- in connection with a financing or a sale, acquisition, or merger of our business or our business assets.
We may also use or share with others non-personally identifiable information, or aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Sites or Apps
Subscribing to E-Mail Correspondence
If you provide us with your email address, you authorize us to send you regular emails, including marketing communications, unless and until you request to unsubscribe from such emails. We may collect information about your interactions with emails sent by us or on our behalf, including whether you opened the email or clicked on any links. We may use this information to improve our marketing, to understand our audience, and to improve the Site. Each email we send contains a way for you to unsubscribe from further emails from us.
The Site is based in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. If you choose to use the Site, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of your state, province and/or country for storage and processing, and by providing your personal information, including automatically collected information, on the Site, you freely and specifically consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Sharon Merrill uses reasonable care to protect the privacy and security of personal information and to ensure that our systems are secure and meet industry standards. Unfortunately, no Internet transmission is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.